RadSee has announced the availability of the automotive industry’s first 4D imaging radar for ADAS and autonomous vehicles able to deliver ultra-high performance and scalability to OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers at up to one-third the cost of previous solutions. By combining the company’s algorithms and patented antenna and system architecture with 77GHz commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) components, RadSee eliminates development risk as well as the usual trade-off between cost and performance.
The relevance of the company’s game-changing approach to automotive radar was emphasized last week when RADA Electronic Industries Ltd., (Nasdaq: RADA, TASE: RADA) announced its intent to make a $3M investment in RadSee. RADA is a global defense technology company focused on proprietary radar solutions.
The RadSee platform scales to accommodate different autonomy levels – standard, premium and LiDAR-like – that are easily integrated, enabling widespread adoption across the entire spectrum of current and future automotive requirements. RadSee’s technology is available for immediate integration into current ADAS design cycles as well as emerging autonomous vehicles.
- Scalable, portable and flexible for quick time-to-market
- Processor-agnostic, automotive-grade COTS implementations (unlike competing ASIC approaches)
- 400-meter range
- Angular resolution of 0.25°
- Static and dynamic object detection in a 120° field of view
- Complete flexibility to fit into existing Tier 1 and OEM systems
- Dramatically reduced development risks
- Small form-factor architecture for easy and elegant design integration