Synopsys announced that NSITEXE, Inc. achieved success with its first silicon for Data Flow Processor (DFP)-based SoC test chip by using Synopsys design, verification and IP solutions. The DFP has a unique architecture that combines both a CPU and a GPU designed for processing large and complex datasets, allowing for parallel data management, and enabling application-independent capability with power-efficient parallelism and high quality, proven through many automotive systems. NSITEXE adopted Synopsys design, test and verification solutions, and DesignWare IP for the development of its next-generation SoC and achieving first-pass silicon success.
Level-4 and higher autonomous driving vehicles are required to adapt to the environment, to control the vehicle, and to conduct synchronized communications with the cloud. A wide range of technologies is necessary to develop these functions while maintaining high reliability and safety.
To address these challenges, Synopsys provides comprehensive automotive solutions:
- Synopsys virtual prototyping solutions provide early access to silicon chips and virtual ECUs, allowing software development and testing to start up to 12 months before hardware is available.
- Synopsys Fusion Design Platform provides the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of foundry certified tools and flows. It enables full-flow optimization for concurrent clock and data (CCD), wire synthesis, and logic restructuring, delivering high performance while supporting low power consumption, small area and a high level of functional safety.
- Synopsys test solutions enable early validation of complex design-for-test (DFT) logic supported through full RTL integration while maintaining physical-, timing-, and power-awareness.
- The Synopsys Verification Continuum Platform natively integrates verification technologies, including virtual prototyping, static and formal verification, simulation, emulation, FPGA-based prototyping, debug and verification IP (VIP), to accelerate verification closure.
- Synopsys’ broad portfolio of silicon-proven DesignWare IP for automotive applications includes Interface IP, Logic Libraries, Embedded Memories, Data Converters, ARC Processors, Security IP and the Sensor and Control IP Subsystem. The ASIL Ready ISO 26262 certified IP portfolio with automotive safety packages accelerates SoC-level functional safety assessments to help designers reach target ASIL levels.