Volkswagen announced that the 2019 Jetta (US model) has earned a 5-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), which runs the government’s New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), and has provided consumers with vehicle safety information since 1978.
The 2019 Jetta joins the Atlas, Golf family (except e-Golf), and Passat as 2019 Volkswagen models that have an overall 5-Star Rating. The remaining 2019 models in the lineup have not been rated by NHTSA.
Available driver-assistance features on the Jetta include:
- Forward Collision Warning
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist)
- Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Traffic Alert
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Active Lane Keeping System (Lane Assist)
- High Beam Control (Light Assist)