Keysight Technologies has announced the new Keysight C-V2X Autonomous Drive Emulation (ADE) solution, which enables functional, protocol and radio frequency (RF) measurements on 3GPP Release14 C-V2X devices from the Keysight UXM 5G Wireless Test platform.
Keysight is committed to helping developers understand, integrate and deploy new technologies that enable advanced safety features, including hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) closed loop systems, which the automotive industry uses to emulate the vehicle systems that surround and connect to any newly developed components. Keysight’s C-V2X ADE solution on the UXM 5G Wireless Test platform supports a range of test types that will support future releases of 5G new radio (NR) C-V2X, to ensure investment protection including:
- Transmitter Testing: Power, error-vector magnitude (EVM), frequency accuracy, in-band emissions, adjacent channel leakage ratio (ACLR).
- Receiver Testing: Sensitivity, maximum input level, adjacent-channel selectivity.
- Protocol Testing: Ensure correct PC5 link protocol, V2X message types and content are sent and received. Comprehensive coverage of C-V2X and LTE protocol test cases for GCF and PTCRB device certification testing.
- Application Layer Testing: Incorporate application-level testing that integrates C-V2X scenarios with HIL systems.
Keysight’s C-V2X ADE solution with the UXM 5G Wireless Test platform provides an environment emulator for in-lab testing versus realistic roadway scenarios, from mundane to one-in-a-million. Using total scene generation, it exercises advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) software using time-synchronized inputs to the actual sensors, enabling customers to:
- Validate the system performance earlier in the development cycle and enhance validation with synchronous testing of communication-based systems with application-level testing that integrates C-V2X scenarios with HIL systems.
- Leverage the flexibility of the platform to add relevant sensor types and expand as sensor systems and test requirements evolve.
- Reduce integration costs by leveraging an existing test environment and workflow, protecting investments in HIL systems and 3D modelers via an open ADE architecture.
- Verify performance relative to the relevant intelligent transportation system (ITS) stack, ensuring accurate communication to and from the vehicle, covering cases for all major regions: China, Europe, and the United States.
- Use 24/7 regression testing to ensure the quality of future updates as well as consistent testing of features and updates that are released post- start of production.