FEV and Metamoto have announced a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), under which FEV will provide technical expertise and support to help Metamoto integrate and onboard new customers onto the company’s scalable autonomous vehicle simulation offering, Simulation as a Service.
Metamoto’s Simulation as a Service enables companies working on autonomous technology to train, test, debug and validate AV software safely in the virtual space before it is implemented in real-world applications.
Key features of Metamoto’s Simulation as a Service offering include:
- Scalability – The ability to run millions of tests in a single cycle, ultimately driving billions of virtual test miles, to identify isolated outcomes, performance boundaries and system tolerances.
- Parameterization – Simulations are executable across a spectrum of environmental (weather, traffic, road conditions, pedestrians, etc.) and hardware (vehicle properties, sensor placement, latency, sensor settings, etc.) parameters.
- Continuous test and integration – On-demand simulation is inserted into the AV product lifecycle with tools like Jenkins and Jira, allowing for seamless regression testing, agile workflows, version control and more, every time vehicle software, sensors and/or infrastructure change.
- Accurate simulation – Precise, unified simulation of a variety of sensors is available including LiDAR, camera, radar, GPS, IMU and others.
- Interoperability – Metamoto’s offering is delivered as an add-on to other mobility solutions.