DENSO will demonstrate the future of mobility at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, Michigan and underline its long-term commitment to help create the future of mobility and the associated bet on software-based solutions and connectivity as DENSO continues to invest heavily in research and development to accelerate the pace of innovation.
At the DENSO kiosk visitors will experience some of the solutions that are paving the way for the future of transport and mobility:
- Oculus Rift Connected Driving Demonstration VR : Attendees will drive a connected car using an Oculus Rift virtual reality headset and experience improvements in efficiency, safety and ease as if they were in the cockpit.
- Oculus Rift VR autonomous driving demonstration : DENSO will show and explain how its sensors make possible improvements in safety, next-generation V2X, human-machine interface (HMI) and technology monitoring of the driver’s status for autonomous vehicles and without driver, assuming the tasks of seeing, thinking and doing in place the drivers.
- Propelling future electric vehicles and shared mobility : As vehicles become largely powered by renewable energy, electric batteries and fuel cells, visitors will discover how DENSO investors and other technologies will make them more viable the electric vehicles. DENSO will also give an example of what shared mobility could be in the future.
DENSO has invested nearly $100M in startups around the world , working on technologies and solutions that are critical to this effort. Some of the new companies will join DENSO at their kiosk:
- Thinci will display its Graph Streaming Processor, Autonomous Driving Suite, and Plug & Code AI Platform.
- Canatu will show intelligent tactile surfaces in 3D for the interiors of cars, which reduces driver distractions, and new 3D heating solutions that allow autonomous driving at any time.