ZF has launched its first Level2+ coASSIST system with Dongfeng Motor in China bringing safety and comfort advantages at an affordable cost

Cipia a computer vision AI in-cabin automotive solutions provider, announced an expansion of the company’s existing partnership with Ambarella, Inc., an edge AI semiconductor and software company. Cipia announced the integration and general availability of its leading Driver Sense DMS on Ambarella’s CV28 SoC, to offer state of the art driver monitoring with the leanest available computing requirements.

Ambarella’s CV28 combines advanced image signal processing, high-resolution video encoding, and CVflow® computer vision processing in a single SoC. The lean computing requirements of Cipia’s driver monitoring system (DMS) software, combined with the efficient architecture of Ambarella’s CV28 SoC, provide low power consumption and reduced thermal management. This allows the combined solution to fit in extremely small form factors, such as rear view mirrors, while not compromising on the performance and capabilities that OEMs require. Additionally, this solution complies with existing and anticipated DMS automotive regulations. The CV28 integrates Ambarella’s latest-generation ISP, which is capable of processing monochrome (IR) as well as RGB-Ir sensors.

Cipia’s neural networks architecture efficiency, and the additional optimization for Ambarella’s CVflow AI engine, leave ample room for additional capabilities on the CV28. The Euro-compliant basic DMS utilizes only 50% of the SoC’s total Arm® cores and 10% of the CVflow engine’s AI processing power. The advanced DMS setup, with detection of driver ID and dangerous activities (phone usage, smoking and seatbelt fastening), utilizes 60% of the total Arm cores and 35% of the CVflow AI engine.