Ambarella, an AI vision silicon company announced the CV22FS and CV2FS automotive camera system on chips (SoCs) with CVflow AI processing and ASIL B compliance to enable safety-critical applications. Both chips target forward-facing monocular and stereovision ADAS cameras, as well as computer vision ECUs for L2+ and higher levels of autonomy. Featuring extremely low power consumption, the CV22FS and CV2FS make it possible for tier-1s and OEMs to surpass New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) performance requirements within the power consumption constraints of single-box, windshield-mounted forward ADAS cameras. Other potential applications for the processors include electronic mirrors with blind spot detection (BSD), interior driver and cabin monitoring cameras, and around view monitors (AVM) with parking assist.
The two new SoCs are the latest additions to Ambarella’s successful CVflow SoC family that offers automotive OEMs, tier-1s, and software development partners an open platform for differentiated, high-performance automotive systems.
ZF, a global technology tier-1 and supplier of systems for passenger cars and commercial vehicles, is working with Ambarella on viewing and sensing systems.
CV22FS and CV2FS SoC key features:
– CVflow architecture with DNN support
– Quad-core 1-GHz Arm® Cortex®-A53 with NEON™ DSP extensions and FPU
– Safety island with dual-core lock step (DCLS) Arm® R52 targeting ASIL-C
– Dense optical flow engine
– Dense stereo disparity engine (CV2FS only)
– ASIL B functional safety level
– High speed SLVS/MIPI CSI-2/LVCMOS interfaces
– Multi-channel ISP with up to 480-Megapixel/s input pixel rate
– Native support for RGGB, RCCB, RCCC, RGB-IR, and monochrome sensor formats
– Multi-exposure high dynamic range (HDR) processing and LED flicker mitigation
– Real-time hardware-accelerated fish-eye dewarping and lens distortion correction (LDC)
– 4-megapixel AVC encoding for video logging and wireless video streaming
– Rich set of interfaces includes CAN FD, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0 host and device, dual SD card controllers with SDXC support, MIPI DSI/CSI-2 4-lane output
– Advanced security features, including OTP for secure boot, TrustZone®, and IO virtualization
– AEC-Q100 grade 2 (-40C to +125C (TJ) operating temperature)
– 10 nm process technology